Avoid Grammatical Minefields with This Entertaining Guide
Confused about when to use "its" or "it's" or the correct
spelling of "principal" and "principle"? My Grammar and I . .
. Or Should That Be Me? is a refresher course for anyone
who has ever been stumped by spelling confusion, dangling
modifiers, split infinitives, or for those who have no idea what
these things even are.
Clever, informative, and fun, this delightful little handbook
offers practical and humorous guidance on how to avoid falling
into language pitfalls.
- Sentence Structure: Let's ponder the subject or object:
Is it "I" or is it "me"?
- Parts of Speech: Is it "whose" or "who's"? "Which" or
- Punctuation: So where does that comma go, anyway?
- Spelling and Confusables: There are times when the
spelling "rules" confuse.
- Elements of Style: You'll find there's lots more to
know about grammar.
- . . . and for the grammar know-it-all, there are entertaining
"Smart Aleck" tidbits throughout.
pub date: 2009-06-25 | hardcover | 9781606520260